American Vacations, by the Numbers — We’re Not Enjoying Our Vacation Time Nearly as Much as Other Countries
Americans work differently than most people from around the world do. There are different pay rates, different job markets, and differing attitudes towards what a healthy work environment actually is. In some countries, for example, paid vacation and paid maternity leave are points of pride. In the U.S., we have a drastically different view towards paid maternity leave.
It’s not just job policies that change depending on where you are. Studies show that Americans have a very unique attitude towards vacations and vacation rentals as well. Below are some fast facts about how we as a vacationing nation stack up against others with similar thirst for leisure.
- 25 percent of Americans have no paid time off. This is according to a study done by the Center or Economic and Policy Research. By comparison, French workers have 31 days of paid time off, whereas Japan gets 10 days, Italy also gets 31, and Canada gets 19.
- According to the popular employment website Glassdoor, 75% of employees with paid time off did not take all of their allotted time in 2013.
- According to Happify, Americans are no less obsessed with their mobile devices on vacation than they are when they’re at home. Email and voicemail essentially come with us to our luxury resorts. One in 10 travelers say they are unable to relax and enjoy their vacations because of this.
- Around 61% of those surveyed said that they continue to work while on vacation.
- Around 25% of respondents said that their work colleagues reach out to them while on vacation and 20% claimed their boss called them when they were on vacation.
It seems “all inclusive resorts” means that your bosses’ nagging phone calls are included, too. As you can see, Americans are unique when it comes to the way we vacation. Luxlife Vacations wants to change some of that. We don’t vacation enough as a country, and when we do, our phones and jobs still take up too much of our time to relax meaningfully. We want to change that — reach out to us today and let us help you relax at one of our destination Cabo San Lucas luxury resorts. Cabo San Lucas luxury resorts are usually available year round.
To read more about Cabo and what it makes it different from other locations click here. Cabo San Lucas vs Puerto Vallarta