Best Mexico Destination: Cabo San Lucas vs Puerto Vallarta
One of the most important Mexico vacation decisions you’ll make is Cabo San Lucas vs Puerto Vallarta. Both locations are on the Pacific, which offers some of the most beautiful landscapes in Mexico. Deciding between the two is difficult, because both offer unique vacation advantages:
- A beach vacation experience with lots of fun in paradise – no matter what your age, you’ll love being out on these beautiful beaches.
- Different types of experiences. Depending on your preferences there are activities for cultural enthusiasts and adventure enthusiasts alike.
- Access to some of Mexico’s most popular beach areas, resorts and restaurants.
How Do You Decide? Cabo San Lucas vs Puerto Vallarta
With all these options, how do you decide between Cabo San Lucas vs Puerto Vallarta? You’ll need to think about what’s most important to you:
- What specific attractions do you want to see?
- Are you looking for culture, adventure or some combination of the two?
- Do you need to plan as a couple, family with kids, or a larger group of adults?
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas is one of the premier destinations on the Pacific coast of Mexico. One of the best things about visiting Cabo is that you can choose from a full range of experiences, from spa and golf vacations, to adventure excursions, to vacations that allow you to explore unique Mexican cultural sights. The best thing about the adventures here is that they are tailored to all age groups.
Some of the top things to do in Cabo:
- Private deep sea fishing
- Cabo Pulmo scuba diving
- Todos Santos tours
- Cabo Submarine
- Espiritu Santo Island tours
- Canyon zip lining
- Whale watching and snorkeling tours
See What Conde Nast Traveler Has To Say About It… Los Cabos
Puerto Vallarta is also a popular destination, especially for weddings and business trips. There are many fun things to do, including trips to some of the smaller villages in the area that surround Puerto Vallarta. You will find a lot of options for all age groups here.
Some of the sights to see in Puerto Vallarta include:
- Playa de Oro Beach
- Los Arcos National Marine Park
- El Salado Estuary
- Whale watching on Banderas Bay
- The town of San Sabastian
- Historic downtown
- Los Muertos Pier
See What Conde Nast Traveler Has To Say About It… Puerto Vallarta
Which Has the Advantage?
If you want non-stop fun and excitement, with great views and beaches that make for perfect photos — Cabo, simply, has more to offer. The location is ideal for relaxing but with a quick ride to downtown Cabo and you’re ready to live it up. There’s no shortage of adventure in Cabo either, and plenty of breathtaking scenery. The food in Cabo can be a vacation on it’s own, the options are truly endless. A vacation is meant to be luxurious with constant life-changing moments and you will always find that in Cabo.
To read more about Cabo and what makes it special from other Mexico destinations click here: Cabo vs Cancun.